Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sometimes...

...things don't turn out how you want them to! I had high hopes for this cute doll for my friend's daughter. She's prego with #3 and so I thought I would make a little doll for her almost 5 year old to play mommy with. I was going to make it nekid with a cute belly "button" and make little diapers and bibs for it. I also wanted to put some yellow or brown felt in the mini diapers for 'you know what'. I thought she would get a kick out of that. Well, I got all the way to the end and was sewing the whole thing together and well, this is how she turned out:Her arm is growing out of her NECK...UGHH!!
I don't even know what to do with her now...I think she is beyond hope. I think her legs and arms are a bit too skinny too. I don't get it...my first attempt at making one of these cute Black Apple dolls turned out cute:
Oh well, I'll have to try again some other day. Or then again, I'll move on to the next project on my list of 5,000 things to do!

1 comment:

Mary said...

That's so funny! Thanks for posting the pictures so I could see what the arm growing out out of the neck looks like :) You're such a good friend to do that, even if it didn't turn out quite the way you expected!!