Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hair Bows!

With my upcoming girl's night hair bow party, I've been looking online to find good hair bow instructions. I've used a lot of different instructions over the years, but I thought I would try to find some easy instructions for the ladies coming over, just in case.  I thought I would share with you my favorite sites.  Here are two of my favorites, they have tons of ideas and instructions. 



I also was excited to try Becca's easy peasy scrap fabric barrettes.  They are super easy and super cute!  I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with these.  Here are the first 2 I've made so far.
Please excuse the sideways photo, it will not stay rotated....weird!

Do you have any fun tutorials for hair accessories?
  I would love to see them!




6 comments:

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

Korkers: http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/2009/06/korker-bows.html

Zippers:
http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/2010/01/tutorial-tuesday-zipper-flowers.html

This is not my tutorial, but they are really easy to make and super cute! http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/2010/01/things-to-try-thursday-fabric-flower.html

This is also not my tutorial, but I've made lots of cute clips like this out of felt and fabric. http://sumossweetstuff.blogspot.com/2009/12/things-to-try-thursday-more-felt-flower.html

Have fun!

Alida L. said...

I love girly things bows! If you go to the "show it off" link you can see my very first hairbows, modeled on Charlotte when she was a little baby! I love making my own corkers.

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

I am working on posting a bunch for the types I can make but I don't know if they will all be up before you have your party, bummer! That sounds like such a fun idea for a get together! Take lots of pictures!

Lynette said...

Good Morning Lynette - I just posting my ribbon storage thing - come over and take a look at it if you get a minute.

When Meghan (my girl) was little we made (OK, mom) made all of her hair bows and this may be a totally oldie thing now - (Meghan will be 20 next month - yikes) but, mom would take aluminum crochet needles of all sizes and wrap the ribbon around it and put it in the oven on about 200 or so for about 10-15 min and when it came out she would just slide it off the needle and it would be the cutest curled ribbon. She would then - OK, not sure how she'd attach it to the barrett thing - but she'd attach it. I can call her later today - and get back with you if you want?
OK - sorry this has turned into a mini-novel.

Have a good one -

Jingle said...

I just posted some cute ones yesterday that I put together! I love fun stuff for my hair!

Julianna said...

Hair stuff is so fun to make for my little girl. Here is something I made for her recently. http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2010/02/flower-clip.html