Friday, October 9, 2009

Freaky Friday - Somewhat Simple

It's Freaky Friday Time! I'm so excited to introduce this awesome blog, Somewhat Simple! Stephanie has so many creative ideas...here she is!

---

Hey there! I am Stephanie from somewhat simple, my little website where I share all things creative!



Each day is different over at somewhat simple, and it is always something new and exciting- crafts, tutorials, recipes and giveaways! Right now I have a darling giveaway going on for 2 of my followers, so come check it out and the lucky one just might be you!




I am excited to be here today to share with you my new creation:







For those of you with confused looks on your faces wondering what the HECK these are, here is a little background and information:


My MIL recently returned from touring Europe, (I know, sad life!) and she brought home these little "stress ball" type of things from some vendors on the streets. She gave one to my 6 year old son and 1 to my 3 year old daughter. At first glance, they don't look like anything special, but wait til you get your little hands on them... they are ADDICTING to play with!

All week I would find one of these lying on the floor and begin playing with it while I watched TV or chatted with family and friends. It keeps your hands busy and it just feels FUN! But without fail, as soon as my son or daughter would see me playing with their toy, they would want it back. I found myself wanting one of my own that no one could take away from me, so the wheels in my creative brain started turning and upon examining it, I said to myself, "I can make that!" ...so I did. Here is a tutorial so you can make them too.


(Just click on the pictures to enlarge them)


















































My FIL calls them "Wacky Sacks".


They are just fun, easy to make balls of play dough that are mess free and quite addicting!





***




For more easy craft ideas, check out somewhat simple and get ready to be inspired!






Thanks Lynette for having me today! You are awesome and I love your blog!


Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Great Freaky Friday!

Ms. Orange said...

My hands are aching to do this one! Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca said...

Love this!! My daughter and I have been searching for something She can make her cousin for Christmas and we both got so excited to see this! We'll be making A LOT!! Thanks!