Sunday, January 3, 2010

Blog Swap - Adventures in Dressmaking

Happy New Year!

Hi there, folks at Get Your Craft On!  I'm Suzannah from Adventures in Dressmaking and I'm so excited to be blog-swapping with Lynette today!  I’m pretty new to the blogging community but I am absolutely loving it!  On my blog I share sewing, decorating, and crafty projects I do.  There are so many great blogs out there, so many talented people sharing their projects and ideas.

I grew up around a very talented mother who makes historic clothing for museums and reenactors, so I have been sewing from a very early age.  I started to really get into sewing one summer a few years ago when I made two or three sun dresses from the same variable pattern, and since then I am hooked on making my own clothes for a fraction of the cost of similar ones at Anthropologie and J.Crew!

I have branched out recently, particularly since moving into a new apartment with my fiance, and I now do a lot of home dec sewing (simple curtains, pillows, etc.) and spray paint art!

Here are some of my favorite projects that I've been blogging about:













Hope you all have had a great holiday season and are ready to pack up the Christmas decorations and craft away in the new year!  I always enjoy taking a look at Lynette's blog, and hopefully you will find some fun things on Adventures in Dressmaking as well.  Hope you come by and visit!












***Thanks Suzannah for swapping with me today!  I love your style and I'm definitely going to have to try your mending jeans tutorial.  Thanks!!!



1 comment:

Its So Very Cheri said...

Very talented. Love the J crew top and the pillows are super adorable.

Cheri